Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blog 12: Service Learning

I am volunteering at Straight Talk, Inc. 
My contact is the administrator, Shelly Lummus. She can be reached at 714.828.2000, Ext 111 (She does not work Friday). 

So far, the main things I have been doing include various office activities that allow me to see the other side of running the treatment center (filing, organization, etc.) and errands for the office. It is very difficult for this small staff to run this non-profit, and I am grateful that they allow me to shadow them, so I do whatever I can to help them out. Other things I have done are attending a "graduation" ceremony for one of the rehab patients, and sitting in on a meeting with the administrators involved in HIV treatment centers in Orange County regarding housing for the clients. I have worked about 50 hours so far at Straight Talk for service learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment