Friday, January 6, 2012

ESLRs

Effective Communicator
1. I am trying to learn how to communicate effectively with people I don't know. I tend to be very shy when meeting new people and I can already see the difference the senior project is making on that.
2. Talking with the people at the rehabilitation centers and and my service learning center has almost forced me to be confident in what I say, especially when meeting new people. Most of the clients at the treatment centers are usually not very accepting of new people, so I need to show them that I am someone worth getting to know.
3. I am hoping that this makes me a better presenter at school. I am usually not very intimidated by my peers, but my speech doesn't always come off as confident. I am hoping that my senior project enables me to change that.


Effective Learner
1. I am hoping to find a different way to collect research - other than google. I feel as though I don't get very "respectable" research with the sources I use now.
2. I am hoping to get more research from my service learning center. They have a lot of data that I have been told I was allowed to sort through.
3. A lot of this research will aid me in my senior project. Hopefully, I will start getting better research like that so I don't have to rely on search engines.

No comments:

Post a Comment