Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blog 15: Independent Component 1

Click Here for Log of Hours

I, Carly Griffin, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.


Literal
Going with the short summaries provided on the log, I mainly helped the office in whatever tasks they needed assistance on. 


Interpretive
More service learning allows me to gain a better perspective as to what goes on "behind the scenes" at this non-profit geared towards helping drug addicts with HIV. The patients have a very limited group of supporters willing to help them, and working with a couple of those extraordinary people has really opened my eyes to the struggles this group faces every day just to survive.


Applied
Learning first-hand about what patients and caregivers go through to rehabilitate an HIV+ drug addict is truly a new experience that I would never gain through ay other type of research. The more time I spend at this facility, the more information I gather to share/research further throughout the remainder of the Senior Project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment