Monday, September 19, 2011

Blog 3: Presentation 1

Objective 
The purpose of my five-minute presentation is to teach students a basic reason why HIV+ patients in drug rehab need to expose that they are HIV+ to the people around them. 


Introduction
I will begin by asking students what they know about HIV. 


Procedure

  1. Ask students preceding question.
  2. Ask students what they know about drug rehab itself.
  3. Explanation of objective (teach basic reason).
  4. Show statistics and/or handout on HIV+ drug rehab
  5. Check for student understanding.
LIA
Literal: I will be explaining why it is important to share HIV status with others.
Interpretive: How not knowing that someone is HIV+ could affect the life of someone that is not HIV+.
Applied: To show how much HIV can affect drug users, whether they contracted the virus themselves or not. 

Check for Understanding

Once I have successfully presented my objective, I will again ask the students why they think HIV+ patients need to expose that they are HIV+, especially to those that are not.
If time permits, I may ask students ways that they would tell someone close to them that they are HIV+, since that can be a very difficult thing to share. 


Resources & Materials
As of now, I plan on displaying some facts and/or statistics about HIV+ drug rehab on a poster or pamphlet etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment