Monday, September 26, 2011

Blog 4: Presentation Reflection

In what way did the first interview affect your presentation? 
Due to the completion of my first interview, I felt more comfortable in explaining my topic to my class. My interviewee told me that she felt I was ready to share the information I had showed her to my peers, and they would understand it. Even though I didn't use anything that I exclusively got in my interview for my presentation, the knowledge that a professional believed I could do well made for a more comfortable experience overall. 


What do you say stood out about your presentation performance and why?
For my visual, I created a pamphlet with some of the research that I collected so far during research checks. Personally, I benefit best when I have a copy of the information I just learned to refer back to, so I assumed that this handout would benefit everyone in some way. Also, I was comfortable with the information I presented, for the most part, which was "why it is important to share your HIV status with those around you". During the presentation, I didn't have to refer to any notes and I would like to believe I had a smooth delivery, despite being nervous. 


What was the most challenging to do and why?
There were two things I found particularly challenging when approaching this presentation. First, I couldn't decide what to present on. I didn't just want to present on what my topic was, because I believe that "HIV+ Drug Rehabilitation" is fairly self explanatory to the average high school senior. I was afraid to teach a "mini-lesson" due to time constraints, but that is what I eventually decided would be best for my peers to better understand that my topic has many different aspects to explore. 
Another thing I found challenging occurred during the presentation itself, nerves. As I previously stated, I was more than comfortable and confident in my presentation topic, with every part of the requirements covered, and then some. Unfortunately, once I got to the front of the class, my thought-provoking questions and hard-to-forget presentation wrap up were the last things on my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment